Peace of mind in a 16-ounce pot. Be confident with your choices, without all the waste. Available in every C2 colour, this sampler pint can cover 50 square feet with one coat of paint so you can see how a colour plays in your home's light.
C2 Sample pints are only available in eggshell finish.
Help With Sheen
A paint’s sheen is its level of gloss or shine. Generally speaking, flatter finishes tend to hide imperfections better and glossier finishes tend to be more durable.
Interior Paint Sheens
Flat (0-5% sheen) - Ideal for less-than-perfect surfaces, low-traffic areas, and places where lack of gloss is desired, such as ceilings.
Matte (5-15% sheen) - For walls with imperfections and low-traffic areas.
Eggshell (15-25% sheen) - The most common wall finish, a balanced sheen that hides some imperfections but is easy to keep clean.
Satin (25-45% sheen) - Most commonly used on trim and high-traffic walls. Durable and easily washable.
Semi-gloss (45-65% sheen) - Used on trim, doors, and cabinets. Very durable.
Gloss ( 65-85% sheen) - A mirror-like finish, often used on doors, cabinets, furniture, and accent areas.
Exterior Paint Sheens
Matte (5-15% sheen) - Used on shingles and siding, especially in areas with imperfections.
Eggshell (15-25% sheen) - Used on shingles and siding.
Satin (25-45% sheen) - Used on trim and doors.
Semi-gloss (45-65% sheen) - Used on trim and doors.
Gloss (45-65% sheen) - Used on front doors.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to find the total square footage of your room.
3. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
4. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
5. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.