California Trouble Shooter Alkyd/Linseed Oil Wood Primer is a superior performance base coat for all latex and oil based top coat finishes, and is appropriate for clapboards, shingles, and trim. It has been formulated to allow wood to breath while still blocking in tannin bleeds and nail head rust stains.
👍 We recommend Troubleshooter Alkyd/Linseed Oil Wood primer as a base coat on bare exterior wood, previously painted and scraped wood, and on areas prone to tannin bleed (like red cedar) and rust stains.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to find the total square footage of your room.
3. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
4. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
5. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.